Saturday, March 24, 2012

Corporate Identity 101

A corporate identity has a few basic required components:

  • Company name
    Don Dodge recently gave a good interview on choosing a company name.  I'll be the first to admit that the name I chose for my company, DevComm, is terrible.  In this case, my writer's mind is working against me.  I'm used to coming up with the perfect word out of an existing dictionary, not the perfect set of harmonious, meaningless characters.  I'm still working on it.
  • Logo
    You can buy a generic logo from various websites and print companies, or you can have one custom designed.  I commissioned Rusa Vuong, a San Francisco-based designer, to create a custom logo for me.
  • Business card
    Rusa also created my business card design.  I chose to electronically embed my contact information on the back of the card using a QR Code. Rusa generated the code using QRStuff.  If you want to go the simple route, you can get a standard business card design from many printers.
  • Website
    This one's complex enough to merit its own post, which is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment